When it comes to developing a website, there are three main components to consider: domain name, web hosting, and website development. Among these three, hosting is a component that determines a website’s performance on the Internet.
In the modern technology-friendly world, there are many ways to build a website. However, WordPress is one of the most famous sources to host a website, especially when the site is a WordPress platform. It is because WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that offers lots of beneficial features to a website and its owner.
Many things come together to make WordPress hosting a better choice than other hosts available in the hosting world. To know them, it is essential to understand WP hosting and crucial things associated with it.
What is WordPress hosting?
In the simplest form, WordPress hosting can be defined as a host that has been optimized to suit a WordPress website’s requirements to function efficiently over the Internet. Apart from that, the hosting type ensures the site’s safety. It comes with plenty of useful features and easy-to-install plugins to improve the performance of a website. When purchased from a reliable and reputed service provider, the hosting type comes with facilities like automatic updates to keep software updated.
WordPress hosting is quite popular among website owners because it is a reliable option, and it is easy to manage a server and its functions. Apart from that, it is a cost-effective and securer plan than many other types in the market right now.
What are the different types of WordPress web hosting?
Though it’s easy to get WordPress website hosting and operate it, a site owner has to choose one among two types of hosting types: shared and managed WordPress hosting. These are two of the simplest forms of WP hosts in the hosting world right now. They are different from each other in terms of services, facilities, and price.
- Shared hosting: Shared WP hosting is a more cost-effective type of WordPress web hosting than its counterpart. However, it comes with some limitations. When someone picks shared hosting for their website, the site has to share a server with other WordPress websites. It has to share server space, resources, and various other elements of hosting with other sites on the server. This can affect the performance of a website. For example, load by a site on the server can make other websites slow, which can be a serious problem for online business platforms and e-commerce stores.
- Managed hosting: Contrary to shared hosting, managed WordPress hosting eliminates all the limitations of the other type of WP hosting. Here, a website gets its personal server space and resources to operate smoothly over the World Wide Web. It doesn’t have to share the server with others.
There are many benefits of a managed host, including improved speed and more security features. Such type of hosting helps website owners to grow their business online through a corporate website or a retail store over the Internet.
What are the features of WordPress Hosting?
Although shared and managed are two different types of WP web hosting, there are lots of useful features that all WordPress site owners can enjoy.
- WordPress optimized: A WP web host is optimized considering the requirements of a WordPress website. It comes with lots of one-click install features that are easy to upload on a server. It means a site owner doesn’t need to hire a team of developers to set up a website and run it over the World Wide Web. The owner can easily start with the CMS and manage the site from all parts of the world.
- Automatic updates: Some reputed web hosting service companies offer WP hosting plans that come with features like automatically updating the software. When a website is not compatible with the newest updates, the system automatically updates it to ensure that the site has the latest features.
- Improved security: WordPress web hosting is known for its reliability and lots of security features. They ensure that a website is safe over the Internet for both the users and the owner. Apart from that, WP hosting comes with the feature to install various kinds of plugins to add extra functionality or put on another layer of security to improve the performance of a website.
How to buy WordPress hosting?
There are many web hosting service providers in the market who claim to offer the best WordPress hosting offers. However, not all of them can be trusted for their packages. A website owner should buy a web hosting plan from a reputed and trusted hosting company. Apart from that, the site owner should check the features included in a package and its price.
A wisely-chosen WordPress web hosting plan can improve the performance of a website and help a business to grow online.